A ) You must submit:
1. a copy of the identity document (Note: only a copy of the identity document of the PwMI is required, such copy of the guardian is not needed)
2. a mobility impairment certification (for classification as “Permanent” or “Non-Permanent” account subject to the professional advice stated)
- a “Mobility Impairment Certification” issued by doctor, occupational therapist or physiotherapist registered in Hong Kong (see the sample form of Mobility Impairment Certification (FEG/04)) (you can use the sample form). If it is recommended as “Non-Permanent”, the MI certification must be issued within the last 6 months.
- a copy of both the front and back page of a valid “Registration Card for People with Disabilities” issued by Labour and Welfare Bureau (showing the Applicant’s Name, Valid till (date) and the relevant Type(s) of Disability related to mobility impairment).
3. a copy of proof of correspondence address issued within the last 3 months. This must be a proof of address of the above applicant or the above parent / guardian in this form. The proof of address in Chinese or English (including utility or telecommunication bills, correspondence from government departments, public organisations, banks or local universities / post-secondary education institutions), must be issued within three months from the submission date.
B ) You may choose to submit:
1. Photo(s) of Special design or large wheelchair.
2. For any Persons with mobility difficulties who are recipients of the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA), who would like to apply the Dial-a-Ride Service Half Fare Concessionary Scheme, a copy of valid Certificate of CSSA Recipients (for Medical Waivers)/Notification of Successful Application of CSSA issued by the Social Welfare Department should be provided. (Recipients of the Disability Allowance is not applicable.)