Notices for Service Users
Emergency Procedure during Rainstorm and Typhoon Warning – Amber or Red Rainstorm Warning Signal/Typhoon Signal No. 3 or below
- ETS services will continue as normal.
- If members wish to cancel their booking, please notify the ETS captain or office at least an hour prior to boarding.
Black Rainstorm Warning Signal/Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above; announcement of hoisting of Signal No. 8/Black Rainstorm Warning Signal in 2-hour time
From boarding place to hospitals/clinics
- For safety reasons, services will be suspended.
- Once the warning/signal is cancelled, services will resume in 2-hours’ time and members will be called for the arrangement of boarding time and place.
- If the warning/signal is hoisted during service, members will be taken back to their boarding places.
- If advanced announcement of hoisting warning / signal is issued, members will be taken back to their boarding places.
- Once service resumes, members are requested to be patient for any delay of service as traffic confusion might be a result of the bad weather. Members can consider whether or not they would like to continue to use the service. ETS reserves the right to provide transport services according to transport conditions.
- Due to bad weather, ETS might not be able to provide services according to the scheduled time. During such times, ETS shall not be held responsible for any delay(s) and/or accident(s) should they occur before boarding or after alighting whether or not ETS is able to provide services according to scheduled time.